Activity/Lesson Key Information
What will MatataBot encounter when he goes to the forest?
Control mode of Matatalab Lite
Students learn to operate the control mode of Matatalab Lite, then work in groups to create a story, and decorate the story scene and MatataBot with decoration materials.
- Operate the control mode of Matatalab Lite, and control the MatataBot to different targets.
- Create and present stories based on the moving of MatataBot.
- Sequence: An arrangement of instructions to be followed in a particular order.
- Robot: A machine capable of carrying out a complex set of instructions as programmed by a
- Command: instructions given to a computer or robot
- Move forward: the MatataBot move forward
- Move backward: the MatataBot move backward
- Turn right : turn to the robot’s right side
- Turn left: turn to the robot’s left side
ISTE: Empowered Learner 1c, 1d; Knowledge Constructor 3d; Innovative Designer 4a, 4c, 4d;
Computational Thinker 5a, 5c, 5d; Creative Communicator 6c; Global Communicator 7b, 7c
NGSS: K-2-ETS1-1, K-2-ETS1-3
CSTA: K-2: 1A-CS-01, 1A-CS-02, 1A-CS-03, 1A-AP-10, 1A-AP-11, 1A-AP-12, 1A-AP-14, 1A-AP-15
3-5: 1B-CS-03, 1B-AP-08, 1B-AP-10, 1B-AP-11, 1B-AP-13, 1B-AP-15, 1B-AP-16
Detailed Lesson Plan
1.Students get to know MatataBot and the Controller, learn how to turn them on and off, and how to connect them.
2.The teacher demonstrates how to control MatataBot with the Controller in the control mode, including how to make MatataBot move forward, move backward, turn left, turn right and play music.
1.Students work in groups to create a story about MatataBot exploring in the forest, and then decorate the scene of the story.
2.Students control MatataBot with the Controller in group to act their created story.
Each group presents their story.
- Do you like the story your group created?
- How did you come up with the ideas in your story?
- Do you like MatataBot?
- Have you had any problems using the Controller? How did you resolve it?