1. Lesson Objectives: Get to Know what is the meaning of coding education in Children’s early age.
2. Time: 10 mins
3. Language: English
4. Format: Completely Online
5. Level: Beginner
1. The Education Purposes
2. What’s Computational Thinking?
3. Matatalab Coding Education for studnets age 3-5
Unit 1. The Education Purposes
It’s not about programming skills.
It’s about Technological Confidence.
It’s about Computational Thinking via games.
Learn to code, and code to learn! Just like, Learn to read, and learn more knowledge with reading skills!
Unit 2. What’s Computational Thinking?
In education, computational thinking (CT) is a set of problem-solving methods that involve expressing problems and their solutions in ways that a computer could also execute. There are 4 key concepts of Computational Thinking:
Decomposition, Pattern Recognition, Abstraction, and Algorithm.
Unit 3. Matatalab Coding Education for studnets age 3-5
- is an educational form that let students solve problems in game tasks or real lives through tangible coding.
- is a way to achieve interdisciplinary learning.
- is an important component of STEAM Education.
- focuses on the development of computational thinking and problem-solving skills, providing a strong foundation for coding education in any language at higher skill levels.
- is a good way to cultivate children’s 21st century skills: communication, collaboration, critical thinking, creativity, etc.
- developing the cognitive awareness of children at a sensitive age——with a focus on tangible conceptualization.
- using graphics, colors, sounds, etc. as auxiliary media.